Tuesday 27 May 2014

Steve Loses Passport, Snags 3rd in Solo at Raid Pulse

If there is one thing that can be said for adventure racing, its that you never stop learning, and you never give up. Actually, I guess that's two things! Well, at any rate, as mentioned in James' race report, I was also at the Raid Pulse race going solo. Unofficially, racing AGAINST James and Nat :-). Of course, I was pretty sure that I would get my butt kicked by James. He has been on an absolute winning streak. Congrats! However, that didn't stop me from trying!

I was not only racing, but also getting some footage to put together a video race review, which you can see below. Sadly for me, I lost my passport in the big trekking section (it was [lossely] tied around my neck). Spent about 15 minutes backtracking, which in an 8 hour race is an eternity. This lead (unknown to me) to a drop of several rankings in the overall standings, but I did maintain my 3rd place solo, clearing almost the entire course (only missed the final 2 advanced CPs, which only 3 teams nabbed). To read my whole blog post just head over to my site.

As for the video, check it out here:


No comments:

Post a Comment